Corvus OS is based on AOSP, with all the useful features required. With a objective of stability while being feature-rich at the same time. The focus of Corvus is to provide a feature-rich OS for your phone but without compromising stability.
Currently, it is also the best custom ROM for Gamers. It offers game driver preferences and also provides decent battery customization.
Corvus OS officially supports 50+ devices as of writing this post. Well using this GSI ROM It'll allow you to run an alternate Android experience, no matter what phone you have, as long as your phone is Project Treble-compatible. Thanks to @TipzTeam1
|Security Patch||April 2022|
|Supported Device||Arm64 AB|
|Download Size||872 mb|
If you are looking for the best Android custom ROM for PUBG or generally, gaming then Corvus OS is what you need. Apart from that, on the customization front too, Corvus OS is packed with many amazing features.
Download and Terms
To install Corvus OS ROM on your device, you will need to unlock the bootloader. If you want to know more about OEM unlocking, then check the following post: How to Unlock Bootloader on your Samsung galaxy device.
You’ll need a custom recovery to install a custom ROM. If you don’t have one installed already then check this post: How to Install Custom Recovery on your Android device.
A Complete NANDroid backup is recommended as you have to wipe the old system to install the new one. If there is trouble during installation, you may have to revert to your old ROM.
Download Corvus OS Rom
Download the Corvus OS ROM from the above download button. There are two versions available:
- Vanilla (without Google apps)
- Gapps (To gain play store functionality and other google apps)
You can download the rom as per your choice.
Magisk App (Optional)
If you want to root your device, then you’ll need to flash the Magisk. Download Magisk App from its official Github repository.
Device charged up to 50%
Charge your device at least 70%. The last thing you want is to run out of juice while installing or troubleshooting custom ROM.
Steps to install Corvus OS
For a Clean Install of Corvus OS:
- Extract the file using any extractor.
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe – Advanced ( Dalvik, Cache, data, product and System ) Swipe to wipe.
- Select Install – Corvus OS.img, select as system image Swipe to confirm Flash.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Reboot system.
First boot may take some time; after that you will be greeted with Corvus OS home screen.
Rooting (if necessary)
You can flash Magisk if you want to gain root access on your device. This step is optional.
- Change the extension of the Magisk file from “.apk” to “.zip”. This will make it flashable. Reboot to recovery.
- Select install.
- Choose the Magisk zip file.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Reboot to system.
- Now go to app drawer and click on the Magisk app icon.
- Install Magisk Manager. Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
There's even another easy method to root Corvus OS by simply installing a rooted kernel in my case I've installed Hypersonic kernel (prerooted and overlooked with many more exciting features) if you are lazy to flash magisk like me, then this is the best option for you.