Droid on Time A beautiful custom ROM based on AOSP, which endeavors the essence of "Simple", "Unique", "Secure".
DroidOnTime is a custom Android firmware. It is based on Google's Android Open Source Project with Hand-picked goodies, innovative ideas and creative things that are added in the rom to enhance user experience! It was launched with an aim to provide Unique user interface and Optimum performance that too keeping in mind the balance between performance and battery life.
|Version||6.0 with Gapps|
|Security Patch||May 5, 2022|
|Supported Device||Samsung M30s (SM-M307F/SM-M307FN)|
Major thanks to Даниил (@fakelog) and everyone who contributed to the development of this device.
Download and Terms
To install Dot OS on your device, you will need to unlock the bootloader. If you want to know more about OEM unlocking, then check the following post: How to Unlock Bootloader on your Samsung galaxy device.
You’ll need a custom recovery to install a custom ROM. If you don’t have one installed already then check this post: How to Install Custom Recovery on your Android device.
A Complete NANDroid backup is recommended as you have to wipe the old system to install the new one. If there is trouble during installation, you may have to revert to your old ROM.
Download Dot OS Rom
Download the Dot OS ROM from the above download button and save it in your memory(sd) card.
Mint Kernel (Optional)
If you want to root your device, then you’ll need to flash the Mint Kernel. Download Mint Kernel: Magisk Patched for AOSP.
Device charged up to 50%
Charge your device at least 70%. The last thing you want is to run out of juice while installing or troubleshooting custom ROM.
Steps to install Dot OS Rom
For a Clean Install of Dot OS:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe – Advanced ( Dalvik, Cache, data, product, vendor and System ) Swipe to wipe.
- Select Install – dotOS-v6.0-m307f-UNOFFICIAL_GAPPS-20220811-0433.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Reboot system.
First boot may take some time, after that you will be greeted with Dot OS home screen.
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- Make sure to backup your important data.
- There might be some bugs that me and testers could not have found yet, so please report them.
Rooting (if necessary)
You can flash Mint Kernel if you want to gain root access on your device. This step is optional.
- Download Mint Kernel and move it to sdcard. Reboot to recovery.
- Select install.
- Choose the Kernel file.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Reboot to system.
- Now go to app drawer and click on the Magisk app icon.
- Install Magisk Manager. Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
Mint Kernel is a balanced, optimized kernel for Samsung Galaxy devices on the Exynos 9610 platform. Thanks to santhosh kumar (@Santhoosh) for building this amaizing kernel for our device.