A minimal custom Android ROM focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy. Stable Android 12L GSI for Samsung Galaxy devices
ProtonAOSP, this gsi ROM seems to be pretty much stable for the most part. Unlike the previous successful builds here comes the new amazing update ProtonAOSP 12.3.0. The underlying layer is based on AOSP 12L, it also manages to provide serious privacy-minded capabilities you won’t find on Google’s stock software.
The additional goodies are geared towards stability and performance, so it’s perfect for those who want to take advantage of all the features that the Pixel device offers, but with a bit more customizability. This GSI can be installed in any arm 64 based device. Thanks to GSIS Treble
|Supported Device||Arm64 AB|
|Download Size||616 mb|
ProtonAOSP is more smooth (i.e. less jank) and responds faster than other other roms. For screenshots: Click here
- ProtonAOSP v12.3.0 based on Android 12L/12.
- Device name and model will be taken from vendor.
- Synced Changes from phh v410 and v411
- Reduced size of non-vndklite variants.
ProtonAOSP offers many improvements on the stock Android experience:
- Better performance
- Clean UI design
- Improved memory management
- Under-the-hood tweaks
- Default experience
- Some Pixel-exclusive features
Download and Terms
- Your phone must be Installed Custom Recovery for your device.
- Download proton-12.3.0-2022_03_24-arm64_bvN.img.xz
- Extract the downloaded file
- Download Gapps (if necessary)
- Copy rom to sd card or pendrive.
Steps to install Proton AOSP
- Extract the file using any extractor.
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe – Advanced ( Dalvik, Cache, data, product and System ) Swipe to wipe.
- Select Install – proton-12.3.0-2022_03_24-arm64_bvN.img, select as system image Swipe to confirm Flash.
- Reboot recovery/system.
How to root Proton AOSP
If you've magisk patched TWRP installed on your device you can easily root your device by simply rebooting to recovery.
- Enter TWRP
- Select Reboot to Recovery
- Setup the phone
- Connect the Phone to Internet
- Install Magisk Manager. Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
There's even another easy method to root Proton AOSP by simply installing hypersonic kernel (prerooted and overlooked with many more exciting features) if you are lazy to reboot to recovery every time like me, then this is the best option for you. To know more about Hypersonic Kernel and it's installation process check out this post: How to Install Hypersonic Kernel on your galaxy device.